Saturday 25 April 2009

10 Nov 1751
Ann Newton married Mr Hesketh Lord Wards Steward Summerhill Staffordshire


Family Search.com tells me that Ann married John Hesketh at St Peter's Nottingham. She was born around 1730 but I'm not at all sure where or who her parents were. I assume she is related to Elizabeth but I don't think they are sisters.

Lord Ward owned extensive estates around Kingswinford in Staffordshire.

23 December
My Bror. John Tye Dyed about 12 oClock on Monday night and maid his will about half an Hour before he dyed and had been Ill from October when he returned from London where he had been to Sell the Freehold Estate at Merton In Surry abt 9 miles from London to Mrs Mariam Payne of Merton for 620 pounds the Estate was lLett for 50 pounds a year was told he had not a Right to Sell it without I joined with him


30 December
Paid John Addsett Tayler in West Retford for makeing a mourning Coat & Breeches a WaistCoat I had when I went to Retford - 9/-

No comments:

Post a Comment